Olney Civic Fund Grants Awarded
- Eagle Battalion Booster Club - purchase 4 new uniforms. In addition, Eagle Battalion Booster Club is awarded the 2023 Tent Management at Party in the Park for an additional $2,500 grant.
- House of Hope - screenings in Olney of the film "My Ascension" a documentary film that is spreading hope and fighting suicide.
- Olney Chamber of Commerce - provide a refrigerator in the Officer Noah Leotta Olney Police Satellite Station.
- Olney Help - funding their emergency financial assistance. In addition, Olney Help received proceeds from the Barrel Aged Beer Event.
- Olney Home for Life - funding for Senior Resources Fair that serves seniors in the upper part of the county.
- Olney Theatre Center - support for Olney Outdoors, a two month event that amplifies diverse artists from the region and provides free and low cost performances for the Olney community.
- Winter Growth - funding to purchase a commercial refrigerator and freezer for the adult daycare/assisted living program.
- BSA Troop 457 - awarded the Parking Control for 2022 Party in the Park and received $3,600.
- Olney Help - emergency financial assistance for three Olney families in need
- Olney Theatre - enabling more students to participate in the New Voices Theatre Training Program
- Winter Growth - purchase of medicine cart enabling more interaction with residents
- Project Change - underwriting activities for their first annual Oktoberfestival (October 2019)
- Olney Theatre to support additional sensory sensitive shows for those on the autism spectrum
- Olney Help to support two families with financial assistance
- Olney Farmers and Artists Market to support their kids entrepreneur's program.
- Project Change to support Teen Coffeehouses with live music organized by and for teens
- Olney Help to support two families
- Our House to fund art supplies for their new art therapy program
- First Generation College Bound to support several Sherwood HS seniors through the college application process
- Project Change to support Teen Coffeehouses which has live music by and for teens
- Olney Adventist Preparatory School to work with Olney Civic Fund to plan and run the Olney Golf Classic. Proceeds will be shared
Impact of Olney Civic Fund Grants
The impact of Winter Growth's new medicine cart:
Having a medicine cart has improved staff oversight. Instead of having one staff member farther from the residents gathering medications, the cart allows all staff to be in close proximity of our residents. We are thankful for the funds provided by the Olney Civic Fund.
~Cyndi Rogers, Executive Director
It is thanks to partners like the Olney Civic Fund that we are able to inspire local youth, who are most in need of the transformative performing arts experiences.
OTC is also committed to ensuring students of all backgrounds may participate in the program [New Voices]. Given the financial strain that many families are experiencing, OTC will eliminate all fees for the 2020 program. Support from the Olney Civic Fund helps to make this possible. Thank you again for your generous investment in our mission to inspire and dedicate the next generation of theatre-makers.
~Michael Merier, Institutional Giving Manager at the Olney Theatre Center (OTC)
Debbie Ellinghaus from Olney Theatre Center
and Jodi Finkelstein, OCF Gifting Chair
Olney Farmers and Artists Market Members