We are excited for this year's Party in the Park event. You help make it a great success - thank you. Please read through the information below so we all have a smooth day.
- Olney Days Party in the Park is on Saturday, April 30th from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm in Olney Manor Park (16601 Georgia Ave, Olney).
- We expect between 3,000 - 5,000 people to attend.
- We are following Montgomery County COVID protocols. We also modified our event (e.g. no moonbounce). Currently there is no mask mandate but you can do what you feel comfortable doing within your area.
- You may start to set up any time after 1:00 pm.
- All cars enter the park at the Emory Road (at traffic light), turn left at the swim center and at the event entrance you will be directed to your space by a volunteer.
- There are three general locations for exhibitors: A, B, and C.
- There are over 30 exhibitors plus food trucks and bands so a lot of cars will be moving about in a small space. Therefore, plan to bring your car in, unload your items at your space, move your car to the Oakdale Church lot just north of the event space, and then return to set up.
- All cars must be OUT of the event area by 2:30. This gives you the last 30 minutes to set up. Parking passes are needed after 2:30 at the Oakdale Church lot so if you have left the event space in time then you will not need a parking pass.
- For everyone's safety, all traffic flow in the park is ONE way only.
- This is a rain or shine event so all exhibitors must have a tent. The 10-day forecast is not predicting rain right now but we need to be prepared for anything. Tents must be weighted. You may use tent weights or bags of sand/mulch or jugs of water. There needs to be 100 pounds for a 10x10 canopy. A 5 gallons bucket of water weighs 40 pounds and there is a water spigot available at the bathroom building in the park (next to basketball court). If you use buckets, be sure to tie to the bucket and not the handle (handles can pull off)
- All exhibitors must remain set up for the entire event. You may pack up materials when fireworks start at 8:30 pm. For safety, cars will not be allowed into the event area until the crowds disperse (estimate 9:15 pm). However, you may walk items to your car.
- There is no access to electricity.
- If you plan to sell merchandise, then you will need to get a one-day park permit before April 30th.
- Once you are set up, a volunteer will come around with a special stamp and show you the scavenger hunt that people may do. You are one of the things they need to find.
- You give permission to Olney Civic Fund to use any photographs or video taken for marketing purposes.